How To Wear 70's Inspired Attire

Pulling off a 70's outfit without looking like your headed to a 70's event, may not be your first outfit choice but here is how to...

Pulling off a 70's outfit without looking like your headed to a 70's event, may not be your first outfit choice but here is how to wear it and why you should add some pieces to your collection. The best way to wear this attire without looking super retro would be to add your own unique touches to the outfit. Pairing a stiletto heel instead of a chunky one or adding a shoe from a new collection. Accessory wise adding either little touches of jewellery or none at all. I simply added my Lace by Tanaya Earrings and my crystal bangles. Makeup as well you can either go natural or bold with your 70's look. I decided to add a pop of colour for spring and go head and add in that cobalt blue lipstick (by Kat Von D) and a blue under eye but that's just me. For a natural look a nude lipstick and a nude eye will go really well with this outfit and a pop of colour under the eye. This jumper is from Marciano, I wish I had waited to get it because it went on sale for 70% off  when I got it at 50%. I had to make a few changes to the jumpsuit as well the legs had to be hemmed. For some reason Marciano makes their wide leg pants or dresses for women who are like 6'2 lol which is cool but should have alternatives to the leg size. The jumper also was sewn wrong at the inseam, leaving not much room to move around and making it hard to get in. I think for some reason the back pieces of the pants were cut exactly the same as the front pieces so that's why they were suppose to go back to the warehouse but sold them instead. I also added a snap at the chest but I'll have to add one more because the chest is extremely low. I added my Zara  Blue and Gold Sandal heels to finish off the outfit. I also miss this hairstyle that I had in these photo's but I wait until summer to do something similar. If your worried about doing a full jumper, you can always wear bell bottom pants with a blouse or bralette.











You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

My photo

I go by the name of Milli J. I am a fashion graduate. I am an aspiring fashion designer/stylist. I custom make clothes and some jewellery as well as alterations. Any questions regarding my blog, just leave a comment or email.

Follow Me

Justmillij.info@gmail.com

Followers

Flickr Images