106 & York

Back in September I got to be apart of a fashion show at 106 & York which showcase a lot of amazing talents in the city. I got to showca...

Back in September I got to be apart of a fashion show at 106 & York which showcase a lot of amazing talents in the city. I got to showcase with Nise Clothing and Asikere Afana. My friend Mike from Nise Clothing asked me if I wanted to be apart of the show so I said of course. With only 3 weeks to prepare because I actually booked my vacation beforehand but I was a little bit nervous on finishing everything while packing and making other garments as well to carry on my trip and a whole bunch of other things. I actually stuck to my plan on how I would finish half of what I needed to do and when I came back to try and sew everything else. Everything ended up working out. This time I ended up cutting out everything myself because I planned well ahead and I have developed better skills sense the photoshoot. So with sewing everything for the last week, I barely got sleep but I happy because I ended up completing everything except the suit I was making to wear but that will just be a brand new post. For the show I designed some Fall/Winter pieces for 2014 as well as Spring 2015. I used some of the pieces I did from previous post because I was told to bring everything just in case. For fall I did all black gown, a blazer & skirt, long sleeve crop top and skirt, Black & White Dress, All white blazer and then for spring I made a kimono and short set, I used some clutches I had as well, I will have do a post to actually show them. The show went really well and I got good feedback. I want to thank my amazing friend Noveya for coming out helping style the models and helping out with all the designers. I also want to thank Michael and Zin for letting me be apart of the show and gaining the experience as well as accomplishing one. Toodles.















You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

My photo

I go by the name of Milli J. I am a fashion graduate. I am an aspiring fashion designer/stylist. I custom make clothes and some jewellery as well as alterations. Any questions regarding my blog, just leave a comment or email.

Follow Me

Justmillij.info@gmail.com

Followers

Flickr Images