Fashion for Pets

This winter has been really cold and with a lot of snow, I honestly haven't seen weather like this since a kid and if you don't put ...

This winter has been really cold and with a lot of snow, I honestly haven't seen weather like this since a kid and if you don't put gloves on you end up with frost bite, I went out for 10 minutes and didn't expect it because it didn't feel that cold clearly I was wrong. I wanted to make sure that my dog was prepared for the winter as well so I picked up Burda 7752 pet coats pattern and thought it would be perfect to make for this contest as well, that's why there's letters on his jacket :). I decided to pick up faux leather, lining and a thick fabric for insulation to insert to block the cold. I cut the fabric much bigger than the pattern seeing how the large was too small according to the size. I did some measurements and went from there. I initially used buttons for the front but the fabric called for Velcro so I changed it up. My dog looks like he's wearing a cape when the collar is flipped which is too funny, he's not too fond of clothes but he'll wear it when it's cold. I emailed the company to ask a few questions about sewing the jacket because pet clothes are a whole different ball game. They were extremely helpful which helped me to complete the jacket as well. The pattern attaches at the stomach as well as an opening to put on the tail, it doesn't interfere with anything. I will upload the pattern so you guys see it. I put before and after pictures check them out.




 




Faux Leather insulated winter jacket by: Milli J



You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

My photo

I go by the name of Milli J. I am a fashion graduate. I am an aspiring fashion designer/stylist. I custom make clothes and some jewellery as well as alterations. Any questions regarding my blog, just leave a comment or email.

Follow Me

Justmillij.info@gmail.com

Followers

Flickr Images