Alterations

My friend bought a Jone's leather jacket and with a few wears she realized that the lining in her jacket started to rip in all differe...

My friend bought a Jone's leather jacket and with a few wears she realized that the lining in her jacket started to rip in all different sections. The lining of the jacket was very thin and the thread was horrible. She asked me to fix it for her, I honestly thought it would be easy but the material was difficult to work with it frays and is extremely thin. I took the centre seam apart and worked on all the sections that were ripped and then I sewed the centre seam and left a small opening to sew the last section. I used a silk needle and polyester thread I sewed most of the seams over so it won't rip again. I definitely did not like this lining and it was a piece of work, I will never work with that material again lol. You always want to check out the material that is being used to make your clothes or things that you want to purchase by reading the label and feeling the fabric can go a long way. I'll do a textile post soon on some fabrics about their contents and a few tips on stain removals. Later days.





Final results

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

My photo

I go by the name of Milli J. I am a fashion graduate. I am an aspiring fashion designer/stylist. I custom make clothes and some jewellery as well as alterations. Any questions regarding my blog, just leave a comment or email.

Follow Me

Justmillij.info@gmail.com

Followers

Flickr Images