Quick D.I.Y. Floppy Hat

  Remember I said I was going to do a D.I.Y. for a floppy hat , well here it is. Unfortunately I haven't been able to blog because my...

 Remember I said I was going to do a D.I.Y. for a floppy hat, well here it is. Unfortunately I haven't been able to blog because my laptop has a problem with the internet and needs to be fixed and it's easier to work on there. I've also been super busy with changing jobs and working on my career path that I got caught up and forgot about my commitment to my blog, if you have been wondering why I have been M.I.A. Anyways here's the rundown for this post. Here you will need a hat it really can be any hat of your choice as long as it a brim. Thread, chains, a needle, and 2 pliers. I have added some notes on the photo's to give you a brief tutorial. You'll need to cut off 24 Cm of links (here I am using double linked chains) to add to the hat you may need more or less depending on the size of hat. After you will attach the links together to place on the hat making sure it is not tangled. Then you will need your thread and needle depending on the color of your hat you obviously want to match it so it blends in well. After you have sewn underneath cut the excess thread and make sure that you have have trapped the remaining thread in the hat or thread so it doesn't come out. After this step you can stop or you can take your pliers and count 20 links on your chain depending how small or big they are and attach it the chain to make half circle links. You can also add a feather if you want on the side, an old broach you don't use or any other ideas you guys may have. You can see the before and after pictures, the last picture I wanted to focus on the hat so you could see how it looks on. This hat is perfect when it's not to cold outside anyways enjoy.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

My photo

I go by the name of Milli J. I am a fashion graduate. I am an aspiring fashion designer/stylist. I custom make clothes and some jewellery as well as alterations. Any questions regarding my blog, just leave a comment or email.

Follow Me

Justmillij.info@gmail.com

Followers

Flickr Images