Trend Alert: Floppy Hats

Floppy hats have become popular this season whether it's straw , felt or wool they have become a great accessory for the beach or ad...

Floppy hats have become popular this season whether it's straw, felt or wool they have become a great accessory for the beach or adding to your ensemble. These hats have a mysterious, seductive yet elegant feature, kind of like in the movies where the characters brim is down low and you don't see who the person is after they take off the hat or in the magazines. I recently came across looking at some hats online and one hat struck my eye designed by Awon Golding Millinery, all her hats are handmade and hand sewn ranging from 200 and up. A lot of other hats I came across were in that specific range as well. So I said why not create the look for less? I purchased a straw hat earlier in the summer for the beach for under $20 dollars. Now if your going for a felt or wool floppy hat for the fall, you can purchase a floppy hat from Forever 21 or most department stores. Simply choose one hat that doesn't have a scarf or anything tied around it, very plain. You can do many different things, 1. you can add broaches to the hat 2. you can add a chain like the first picture and add charms, you will need needle and thread to hold the chain in tack 3. you can add your own scarf and tie it around the hat or a ribbon. I plan to do D.I.Y. for this so I will keep you posted when I get everything together. You can check out Awon hat at http://boticca.com/awongoldingmillinery/charmed-floppy/19743/. This site seems neat as well because it's different fashion designers from different countries showcasing their designs. Later days guys.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

My photo

I go by the name of Milli J. I am a fashion graduate. I am an aspiring fashion designer/stylist. I custom make clothes and some jewellery as well as alterations. Any questions regarding my blog, just leave a comment or email.

Follow Me

Justmillij.info@gmail.com

Followers

Flickr Images